Saturday, September 08, 2007

Delinquent Blogger Returns!

Ok! I know it's been FOREVER since I posted. I'm sorry. I just thought that I didn't have any really interesting things happen that anyone would want read about or see. But then some of the fam have harrassed me for not blogging. All right already! Here goes!

I decided that it would be impossible to catch up EVERYTHING from the last blog, so the best thing would be to just post random happenings and pictures of some of the fun things we did this summer. So, here you are!

One of the really special things Doug got to do this summer was spend a little bit of time on the Appalachain Trail two different times. Ever since he hiked a few miles of the Trail when he was a young man in the boy scouts, the Appalachian Trail has been a special place to him. First, in April he hiked for 5 days with a buddy from church. Then this summer we met up with our youth group from Duncan Park who were spending a few days in Virginia working on an Appalachain Trail hostel called Bear's Den. Doug was able to join the group for a day hike and had a pretty amazing time. Following are just a few of the amazing pictures he took on the hike.


Isn't this the most beautiful moth! It's called a Luna moth.





These is just some random shots of the Trail including part of church teens with a leader or two.


I don't know what this moth is called, but it sure was pretty! And SO huge!

Here are a couple of shots of the Shenandoah River. You can see why they wrote a song about this river! It is breathtakingly beautiful.





Finally, a picture of Bear's Den Hostel and Lori, the hostess of the hostel with you know who!



Well, I hope I have redeemed myself a bit with you faithful bloggers! I'll really try to not wait so long for the next one.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Rockin' Robin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home