Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fun Day in Atlanta

What a fun day I had in Atlanta Saturday with my sister, Robin! I went up to Atlanta on Friday to attend the anual 5th grade play/musical that my sister's students performed. I must say it was quite entertaining. The name of the play was No Strings Attached and was a "rewrite" of Pinnochio. There is some real talent in that group!






The real fun for me, however, started the next morning when we took off to go yard saling! (How in the world DO you spell that word?) We saled in a loop hitting as many yard sales as we could!! I got some really special treasures like a pod coffee machine that I'd been wanting (for only$1). Actually I got 2 of them! One was even free! I know you're wondering why 2? One of Doug's cousins expressed a desire to have one, so I got one for her! Also among my treasures were some baby clothes for the new grandbaby and for our pastor's new baby who's on the way, a black pendant, 3 audio books (only $2 for all 3!!), a wooden quilt rack!! and various other little trinkets. It was amazing fun!!

In the middle of our yard saling we took a break and stopped of at the needleworks shop. Oh my! The massive array of beautiful yarns sent me into paroxyms of ..... I don't know, joy or something! Robin took the opportunity to have the knitting pro give her some pointers on how to go the next level on her hat. That was a really fun time, too.




Around 3 we finally exited the yard sale loop and headed over to one of my favorite places for lunch. The Blue Ribbon Grill is an absolutely wonderful cafe! The food was scrumptious!! I tried something new - a blue cheese burger with onion rings! Robin took the plunge and ordered the chicken pot pie. You would NOT believe how huge that thing was! She could finish only about 1/3 of it! Well, we did split a couple of starters, so it's no wonder we couldn't finish our entrees. We tried their blue cheese homade chips and some chili. Oh - my - word! They were so yummy. I'm glad we took the second half of our main dish home in a box!
After lunch we stopped off in another of my favorite places, the Dekalb Farmer's Market. I need a few spices and veggies and there's no better place to get them than there! It was the first time I had gone on a Saturday afternoon, and it'll be the last, too. The place was absolutely packed with people!!! It took us a bit longer than usual but we finally got done and headed home to Robin's.
As soon as we got home, I loaded the van and took off for my home. Praise the Lord for a safe trip home to my honey who was patiently waiting for me.
It was one of the most fun days I've had in a long time!












6 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Rockin' Robin said...

ME TOO!!!! I had a BLAST! What a great way to wind down after the pressure cooker of 5th grade play! I finished my hat and felted it! Now it is drying. I will post pics when it is dry and ready to wear. I'm fixing to start the next one with that beautiful robin's egg blue yarn from England that I got at the needlework shop. Love you!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger kate said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger kate said...

that truly SOUNDS delightful! and the numberous exclamation points help communicate just how much!!

nick would be watering at the mouth to hear about all the blue cheese flavors... that's one of his favorites.

good job on the faithful posting!
i'm so proud.

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Grammy said...

Thanks, Kate! I'm glad you're reading them! Now that I'm getting the hang of it,I'm enjoying it a lot more.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Mrs. Sappington said...

Isn't sister-bonding-time the best? My sister has been overseas for three years, so I almost forgot how much I liked her? ;-) We drove from Kansas City to Boston last week...so much fun, just talking, laughing, enjoying the scenery, getting lost, and all that. I'm so thankful the Lord gave us sisters!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Rockin' Robin said...

Me TOO, Erin! I wouldn't trade my sister for anything! I enjoy our times together so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home